In this episode, we discuss the importance of cultivating a healthy attention diet that promotes higher quality entertainment/education as opposed to an unhealthy attention diet that mindlessly wastes our time and energy. We share what a healthy vs an unhealthy attention diet looks like and tips on how you can start cultivating a healthy one for yourself.
Call To Action
- Reflect on what sources of information are pulling your attention?
- Vet the sources to see if this is bringing value to your life or if it is just a mindless distraction
- Remove or limit the mindless distractions so they don’t pull your attention?
- Delete social media or only follow people/pages that bring value to your life
- Phone notifications
- Limit websites using software tools like Freedom
- Your cellphone (place out of sight when working/studying)
- Find high-quality sources of information/entertainment to bring into your life
- Podcasts, Books, Articles from someone you enjoy reading from, Documentaries, Movies
Content / Tools Mentioned