In this episode, we discuss the negative impacts the overuse of social media has on our lives and advice on how to control it instead of it controlling you.
- Focus (For Youtube) – Safari
- DF YouTube – Chrome
- Kill News Feed – Chrome
Previous Mentioned Podcast Episode
- Episode 9: How to Handle & Prevent Burnout
Call To Action
Challenge yourself to go 7-days without using social media
1. Identify what you’ll be doing during these 7-days when you’ll be off of social media
- Start a project
- Read a book
- Do a hobby
2. Make a mental note if you realize yourself feeling calmer, happier, more present, etc.
3. At the end of those 7-days, if you decide to go back on social media, put systems in place to prevent you from overconsuming like before.
- App Blockers
- Turn off notifications
- Do Not Disturb during certain hours
- Clean up your newsfeed so you only see positive content –– unfollow news, politics, influencers, etc.